United Way is committed to protecting your privacy and to maintaining the confidentially of your personal information. The information you or your employer provide to us is used to help us in our campaign, process and receipt your donation, distribute a contribution to your charity of choice and respond to any of your information requests.
Such information may be communicated to other charities according to the stated purpose for which you provided the information, respecting the confidentiality of such information.
Purpose for Collection of Donor Data
We ensure that the donor information we collect is relevant. Purposes for collecting the information include to:
- understand who our donors are and how we may improve our services to meet donor preferences and expectations.
- process a donation, for example, to process a credit card transaction.
- issue and deliver your donation tax receipt.
- distribute a designated donation to another registered charity.
- recognize a contribution.
- register your participation in a conference, meeting, or other event.
- respond to your information requests.
- We obtain prior donor consent for acknowledgement in recognition materials.
- We do not exchange nor trade, in any way, the names of donors participating in workplace campaigns.
- We respect your right to be removed from our mailing list. You always have the opportunity to decline receiving further communication from us by contacting Nina Eckert at 604.294.8929.
- We will not provide or share your personal information with third parties unless you authorize us to do so or law requires us.
Confidentiality and Security
We continually review and improve methods of how donor information is shared and stored.
- Hard copy files of specific individual information are kept under lock and key.
- Our computer systems are secure and protect donor information from public view.
- Our web site also uses a secure server to obtain your personal information for donations and/or registration. The server software encrypts all information that you input before it is sent to us.
- Our Security Policy is available on request.
We welcome enquiries and appreciate feedback about how we can improve our service to our donors and stakeholders.
If you have any questions regarding privacy, please contact Nina Eckert, Finance & Operations, at 604.294.8929.